Sunday, April 12, 2020

Week 3 Do 5 Things - How to Not be Overwhelmed

The first time I started to think about how we could be off school for many months, my mind started racing about how I could start working on my "to-do" list that has collected dust on my desk for several weeks.  You know, it is that nagging list that seems to never go away due to unpredictable daily fires that we are all working to put out. . . I know you have one.  :-)

As we have all discovered, while our e-learning days have been going quite well, they are a little overwhelming at times.  Keeping up with the numerous options of communication (texting, emails, Facebook messenger, phone messages, etc.) is enough to make our minds whirl!  Not to mention the hurdles of learning new technology and finding new ways to reach our students.  We are all still "busy" and can easily be overwhelmed with the work and tired of looking at a computer screen! 

This week, I discovered a blog written by Jennifer Gonzalez titled "Overwhelmed? Do 5 Things."  The title along struck me and as I read it, I found her advice to be good.  I encourage you to read it - and do 5 things!   :-)

"Overwhelmed?  Do 5 Things" 


Important Information: 

Student Updates:  Over the weekend, I updated the "Students that are Struggling" list.  I know it was a hot mess and Jill Taylor gave me a few suggestions - so I think I made it better!  Please take a look at it, as I have tried to keep our end up-to-date.

       Here is also a link to the No-Internet Link.  I added Kylee Kiplinger to this list.  I spoke to her this evening and she is struggling.  She hopes this helps.  I try to keep this list up-to-date as well.  Some of the kids are getting good about sending homework back to us.  I will be trying to make the work a pdf when it works and originals will be in your mailbox.  Please ask if you have questions - I make mistakes often!  :-)

Professional Development - Many teams this week set some Professional Development goals.  On the Faculty Meeting Agenda (HERE) you can find our team notes.  For Island Team members, we will be in contact with you this week to set some goals for you as well!  Thanks for always being a learner!


Face Shield Update - To date, our Additive Manufacturing team has created over 125 visors for face shields and we have delivered a little over 75 locally in the past few weeks.  Thanks to all of our team members for their work!

Commodore News - Phil Zellers worked up his creative juices and created a Commodore News series.  He hopes to have announcements and updates that can go out to families in this capacity, along with recognizing students of the month, senior athletes and more.   If your clubs are planning any activities virtually (please run them by Phil or I first) or if you would like to give a community update - he would be a great person to be in contact with!  All he needs is a little video!  Thank you, Phil!  Here is his first broadcast.  You will find them on twitter and Facebook. . . It will be a Netflix Series soon!  Lol!

Commodore Interviews - Abe Schwartz reached out to Andrew Huber for an interview for his Athletic Training class.  The two of them together talked to students about the importance of setting goals and finding success in their lives.  It is a wonderful video - proud they both are Commodore Alumni.  HERE is the link if you would like to watch. 

Awards Program - Teachers, please do not forget to get Sheila your names for the award winners for our honor night banquet.  We will be organizing our virtual ceremony soon.  Thank you!

Weekly Meetings -

Also, due to AR meetings, we are going to change up the faculty meeting dates a bit - please let me know if this doesn't work: 

      Thursday, April 16: 
           English - Could we meet at 8:15 instead of 8:30?
           Special Education - We can email and work to find a date to meet for student scheduling (no zoom this week, unless you want one!)  
           Social Studies - 12:30 

Island - we will have individual meetings spread out in two days: 
         Josh Craney - 1:30 p.m. 
         Carol Schwoeppe 2:15 p.m. 

         Friday, April 17
           Math - 9:00 a.m. 
           Science - 10:30 a.m. 
           Jill Little 12:00 p.m. (Jill, if your Internet isn't working - just let me know)
           PE - 12:30 p.m. 
           Mary Jo - 1:00 p.m. 
           Nancy P - 1:45 p.m. 
           Kris W - 2:15 p.m.  


No comments:

Post a Comment