Sunday, April 19, 2020

Week 4 - Groundhog Day. . .


Another great week of virtual learning at Perry Central!  Even though it has been different, I have really enjoyed speaking to all of you more often.  I get to hear so many great things that everyone is doing for our students; helping all of our students find success.  Not only are you taking time to develop engaging lessons, but you are emailing, calling, texting, etc. to make sure that you are getting the best from your students.  


More COVID-19 meme levity reveals y'all are losing it, cabin fever ...   *  "My kids are doing great!  I feel like they are still working and communicating well with me."

   *  " I have really enjoyed the zoom calls, as I get to see the student's faces.  It has been a fun experience."

   * "I called a student to find them still in bed at 12:30. . . the mom let me be the wake-up call!  It was fun. . . .  and a little bit later, I was able to get their work turned in."

   * "This has given me the opportunity to talk to parents and grandparents.  I don't think I realized who these students really lived with."

  * "I really miss seeing the students everyday."

These are all comments made this week during our 'Hang-out" time.  Comments like these just warm my heart and remind me of how lucky I am to live and raise my own children in such a caring community.  When I speak with other schools, they are worried about the number of students who are not participating in their classes at all - that is not the case at Perry Central.  Our students are engaging and doing the best they can because they know all of you care for them and are pulling out all of the stops to ensure they are succeeding.  What a blessing!

Hope you have a great rest of this week.  Make sure you are taking breaks, spending time with your family, etc.  I know this time has allowed me time to be reflective and engage in healthy activities such as walking and gardening.  It has reminded me that finding balance is very important.  Wishing the same for all of you as well. 


Important Information: 

George Couros Blog:  In George's Blog this week, he shared this article, "5 ways to boost attendance in virtual class meetings."  You can find a copy HERE.  I thought it had some great ideas!

Student of the Month:  If you haven't already, please fill out the Student of the Month forms by Monday, April 20th.  Student of the Month nominees are very important to our school community and family.  If you have questions about the forms, please email Dana.  She will be happy to help you!  Thanks to Dana for pulling this together.




Scheduling Update:  Dana has been working very hard to get schedule requests in Skyward so we can start building a master schedule.  This is a tremendous amount of work, especially when you can't see the students!  :-)  We hope to have requests finished soon.  We will try to keep you posted and updates.

Fun with Art -  Mrs. Poehlein asked some of her art students to recreate art work from the Chicago Art Institute.  The students did a fabulous job!  Take a look!  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iTlRkO-Ojg8gwnz7iscK05I3Bl9jERul/view?usp=sharing

Team Meeting -

Thursday, April 23                                 8:30  a.m. - English
                                                               10:00 a.m. - Math
                                                               12:00  p.m.  - Science
                                                               1:30 p.m.  - Social Studies

Friday, April 24                                      9:00 a.m. - Island                                                                            (Just to check in - all of you are working on your own PD - thanks for your time last week!) 

Important Documents:

Student Worry List - There are a few updates/ we have added a few more students to a home-visit list.  Thanks for all of your concern - keep communicating!

No Internet List 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment