Sunday, April 26, 2020

Waiting. . .

One of my favorite hobbies is growing my own food.  Being raised on a farm, I have always appreciated the wonder of our earth and how it works.  Collecting eggs, picking buckets of green beans, feeding the cows all brings a since of joy to my life.  Typically, I don't always have time to really pursue these things, but the pandemic has created this space for me. 

Waiting Quotes and Sayings - Images, Pictures - CoolNSmartA few weeks ago, I built a raised bed and planted some green beans, herbs and wild flowers.  I have a small patch of strawberries and lettuce as well.  It has been so much fun to get up in the early morning and check my beds. . . now my problem finding patients while waiting for the seeds to sprout!  Waiting has always been a problem for me, just ask my husband.  I typically want things to happen and I want them to happen quickly!  Mother nature, unfortunately, does not have the same timeline as I do!  This morning, I even started digging up my green bean seeds to see if they were doing anything!

Learning to wait can be hard, but is an important lesson to learn, especially for me,.  My personality type can turn me into an over worker really fast, causing me to miss the important things in life.  I think taking time to raise my own garden could help me grow in the area of patients and enjoy the opportunity to just be present.  I hope this lesson will allow me to become a better wife, mom, and leader.  

I do believe that waiting is difficult for many of us - whether it is waiting out this season of a pandemic, waiting on news from a family member, waiting to achieve a goal or waiting on our student to finally "get it", it isn't easy.   If we can learn to pause and enjoy the moments that are given to us, I have no doubt that our harvest will be bountiful. 



Important Information:

Meetings on Thursday:      Math Team 9:00-10:00
                                           Science Team: 10:00-11:00
              Island Team - will check in with everyone individually

Academic Honor Recording - 7th grade team will gather via zoom to record the academic honor night presentation.  7th grade teachers can find their zoom invitation in their calendar.

AP Teachers - teachers who will have students taking AP exams in May at home, we would like to schedule a google meet for Monday, May 4th at 10:00.  Please look for a calendar invite soon!

Struggling Students - please continue to make notes about struggling students in our document.  Everyone is doing a great job reaching out to students - we appreciate your efforts.



Please continue to let us know how we can support you and your work during these last few weeks of school.

                                    




No comments:

Post a Comment